To see the chapter 1 activities, CLICK HERE
The chapter activities/teacher’s guide are a must to buy: CLICK HERE to purchase them and the novel.
Here is what I did for Chapter 2 of Todo lo que Brilla:
- Introduce the vocabulary. I focused on estaba volando, me agarró, canastas, dejó caer.
- We acted out a story using these words. Here is the story script. It is super basic!
- We then read chapter 2. Reader’s Theater is great for this chapter especially the section where Jose walks, slips, and talks to Emilia in the market, pages 9-10. The only prop necessary is a banana peel: a fake one or one printed on a piece of paper will do just fine.
- We then completed the questions in the teacher’s guide.
- We finished by playing a game of Kahoot.
Here is what I did for chapter 3:
- Introduce the vocabulary. My class knew most of this chapter’s key structures so we did the matching quiz in the teacher’s guide.
- We then completed these personalized questions and picto-frases as an introduction to chapter 3.
- We read chapter 3. My class prefers when I read to them so I read it out loud in Spanish and asked some comprehension questions.
- We then completed the comprehension questions that are found in the teacher’s guide.