Here is my presentation about making Internado (and other authentic resources) comprehensible for the classroom
I did a one hour presentation at the 2017 TCI Maine and Beyond conference in Lewiston, ME about using El Internado in the classroom. I showed strategies to make it comprehensible to facilitate language acquisition. The strategies can be adapted to any authentic resource.
- students will tune out if the authentic resource isn’t comprehensible
- compelling resources can be a classroom management tool
- compelling and comprehensible input will lead to engagement and language acquisition
- pre-watching activities: start brewing suspense, pre-teach the essential vocabulary, do PhotoTalk with screenshots, read a scene with graphic novels
- do as many pre-watching activities as possible so that you can understand most of the show
- After watching: Kahoot, Quizizz, Edpuzzle, Quizlet Live, Reading Guide
- make any compelling authentic resource comprehensible
Here is the presentation:
This is to be used as a resource only.