Last year I did the March Music Madness for the first time and it was super successful! So I’m doing it again this year. We start next week. Here are my song brackets:
Here is what I do:
- Day 1: play 2 songs from one bracket. I usually just play the song but this year I might show the music video (lyric video for inappropriate videos). After each song, the class votes. The winning song moves on to the next bracket.
- Day 2: I play 2 songs from the next bracket. Same as above.
- Day 3 and beyond: When we enter the second round, I still play each song (they have already heard the song in the 1st round). The class votes.
- Last day: March Spanish Music Madness Finale!! I try to play this up big time and with my best announcer voice, I introduce each song.
- New this year, I want to post the winning song in the hallway.
Check out these other blogs about March Music Madness: SpanishPlans–March Madness in Spanish Class | Mis Clases Locas-Música Miércoles bracket style | Aventuras Nuevas-March Musical Madness | Mis Clases Locas-2016 March Music Madness | SpanishPlans 2016 Music Brackets
— Spanish Plans (@spanishplans) February 22, 2016